CONFLUENCE CONSULTING, INC.
Early to Mid-level Water Resource Engineer
Confluence Consulting is seeking a highly motivated early to mid-level water resources engineer to join our inter-disciplinary team working on projects enhancing aquatic resources. In this position you will work under the supervision of the Water Resources Engineering Group Leader and in collaboration with Confluence project managers, engineers, and wetland scientists to further your experience on aquatic and natural resource restoration project work.
We are currently interviewing candidates who have experience and education in a discipline relevant to water resources engineering or restoration and hold an EI/EIT certification. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years related or applicable experience in water resources engineering field such as stream and wetland restoration, pond design, bioengineered bank stabilization, hydraulic modeling, floodplain mapping, fluvial geomorphology, and fish passage.
- Collaborate with engineers, ecologists, other natural resource professionals, and clients to plan and implement projects.
- Support teams in performing topographic/bathymetric surveying and field data collection.
- Draft reports and technical memorandums.
- Perform channel stability analyses, hydraulic modeling (1D and 2D), sediment transport modeling.
- Complete design tasks in AutoCAD Civil 3D involving basemap development, proposed surface grading, construction plan sheet layouts, and construction specifications.
- Develop construction cost estimates.
- Support construction oversight for restoration projects.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Engineer Intern (EI)/Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, and 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling software.
- Experience in topographic surveying using GPS RTK and UAV-based methods.
- Aptitude in Excel.
- Ability to travel to and work on remote field sites.
- Recognition of the importance in balancing science and engineering practices to design and implement projected aimed at improving aquatic environments.
- A passion for watershed, fisheries, and ecological restoration.
- Valid Driver’s license.