Thompson Spring Creek Restoration and Fisheries Enhancement
in coordination with private landowners
Through this project, we isolated and stabilized over 35,000 cubic yards of fine sediment along 5 miles of stream channel.
Years of erosion, overgrazing, and high summer temperatures significantly affected the Thompson Creek Stream and fishery near Belgrade, MT. The combination of these factors led to large fine sediment deposits covering the stream bed, destroying deep pool and spawning habitats.
Confluence coordinated with private landowners to:
- Provide project consultation, surveying, permitting, design, and construction oversight
- Reduced channel widths
- Installed bioengineered bank stabilization treatments
- Improved aesthetics and wildlife habitat features
- Increased deep pool, rearing, and spawning habitat for trout
- Stabilized seasonal water temperatures
- Expanded floodplain and wetland habitat
- Restored and revegetated adjacent wetlands with native sod and seed