CONFLUENCE CONSULTING, INC.
Join our team of industry experts.
Since our inception, we have hired an exceptional crew of ecologists, engineers, and administrative staff to best serve our clients.
EMAIL US FOR GENERAL INQUIRIES
We’re always looking for qualified, passionate people to join our team. If you don’t see a job listed that fits your expertise, send us your resume and we will be in touch if a relevant position becomes available.
Water Resources Engineering Group Leader
Confluence is an industry leader in the study, design and management of aquatic resources. We are celebrating our 23rd year in business, providing services to environmental organizations, architects, watershed groups, government agencies and private landowners nationwide. Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, ecologists, botanists, and technicians develop streamlined solutions for challenging aquatic resource problems. We are currently recruiting for a Water Resources Engineering Group Leader to join our team.
The purpose of this position is to effectively lead Confluence’s engineering staff while helping to expand our company’s growth into new services and geographic markets. The successful candidate will oversee water resource engineering projects, interact with new and existing clients, provide mentorship and identify continuing education opportunities for engineering staff, help achieve company sales goals, and work directly with Confluence’s Stream and Wetland Groups to design and implement high quality restoration, mitigation, and water resource related projects.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Group Lead include:
- Oversee design and implementation of engineering components for stream and river restoration, bank stabilization, fish passage, wetland mitigation, floodplain studies, and other water resource related projects;
- Lead teams in performing channel stability analyses, hydraulic modeling, sediment transport modeling, field data collection, and analyses;
- Perform quality control reviews of designs, permit applications, and construction documents prepared by others;
- Schedule engineering staff and resources to ensure smooth project implementation;
- Conduct site investigations;
- Provide technical guidance and professional mentorship to engineering interns;
- Organize, draft and coordinate reports and technical memorandums;
- Perform project management duties on complex projects including developing budgets, scopes of work, and schedules; meeting clients’ expectations; preparing invoices; and maintaining client relationships;
- Effectively collaborate with Confluence’s staff, subcontractors, and clients;
- Prepare proposals, scopes of work, cost estimates, and contracts;
- Expand Confluence’s capabilities and visibility by attending trainings, workshops, and presenting at industry conferences.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to:
- Manage and build a team of PEs, junior engineers, and EITs;
- Contribute to company growth by identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities;
- Meet project deadlines, stay within budget, and set an example for other staff members;
- Exhibit proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS, 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling software, and topographic surveying;
- Effectively mentor junior staff members;
- Travel to remote field sites.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering and 10+ years’ of applicable experience in water resources engineering practices including stream and wetland restoration, bioengineered bank stabilization, hydraulic modeling, floodplain mapping, fish passage and screening, storm water, waste water, or other similar field. Confluence maintains a fun and positive work environment in scenic Bozeman, MT, and is looking to grow our company to service other markets. In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy other benefits including a generous bonus program, medical insurance, and retirement plan.
If you are the right person for this position, convince us by submitting a cover letter (1 page max) and resume (3 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and to learn more about our business, staff, and project experience, you may visit Confluence’s website at www.confluenceinc.com.
If you are an experienced, competent engineer who is capable of leading Confluence’s growing Water Resources Engineering Group, we look forward to hearing from you!
To download a copy of the position details click here.