AutoCAD Drafter/Field Technician
As a Drafter/Field Technician, you will assist with preparing design plans and estimate quantities for complex projects, including: river restoration, biotechnical bank stabilization, irrigation infrastructure, floodplain studies, fish passage structures and fish screens, wetland mitigation, erosion control, and environmental permitting. You will also assist with field investigations and collect topographic data.
- Develop detailed design drawings, grading plans, and specifications in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Estimate volumetric quantities and perform planimetric measurements and calculations.
- Assist with engineer cost estimates.
- Conduct GIS spatial analyses and mapping.
- Conduct stream channel and topographic survey work using a survey grade GPS unit.
- Contribute to reports and technical memorandums.
- Perform tasks assigned by the engineers, scientists and project managers.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience or willingness to learn ArcMap software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the Intermountain West and the U.S. and to work under challenging field conditions for extended periods of time
- Willingness to learn surveying and work outside in all weather conditions
- Very strong work ethic and an “anything it takes” attitude
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.