CONFLUENCE CONSULTING, INC.
River Restoration and Water Resources Engineering Group Leader
Confluence is an industry leader in the study, design and management of aquatic resources. We are celebrating our 25th year in business, providing services to environmental organizations, watershed groups, Federal, State, and local government agencies and private landowners nationwide. Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, ecologists, botanists, and technicians develop streamlined solutions for challenging aquatic resource problems. We are currently recruiting for a Water Resources Engineering Group Leader to continue our company in an upward trajectory of growth and recognition as an industry leader.
The purpose of this position is to effectively lead Confluence’s engineering staff while helping to expand our company’s growth into new services and geographic markets. The successful candidate will oversee water resource engineering projects, interact with new and existing clients, provide mentorship and identify continuing education opportunities for engineering staff, help achieve company sales goals, and work directly with Confluence’s Stream and Wetland Group Leaders to design and implement high quality restoration, mitigation, and water resource related projects.
- Oversee the design and implementation of engineering components for stream and river restoration, dam removal, bank stabilization, aquatic organism passage, wetland mitigation, floodplain studies, and other water resource related projects;
- Lead teams in performing channel stability analyses, hydraulic modeling, sediment transport modeling, field data collection, and analyses;
- Perform quality control reviews of designs, permit applications, and construction documents prepared by others;
- Schedule engineering staff and resources to ensure smooth project implementation;
- Provide technical guidance and professional mentorship to interns;
- Organize, draft and coordinate reports and technical memorandums;
- Perform project management duties on complex projects including developing budgets, scopes of work, and schedules; meeting clients’ expectations; preparing invoices; and maintaining client relationships;
- Effectively collaborate with Confluence’s staff, subcontractors, and clients;
- Prepare proposals, scopes of work, cost estimates, and contracts;
- Expand Confluence’s capabilities and visibility by attending trainings, workshops, and presenting at industry conferences.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to:
- Manage and build a team of PEs, junior engineers, and EITs;
- Contribute to company growth by identifying and capitalizing on new business opportunities;
- Meet project deadlines, stay within budget, and set an example for other staff members;
- Exhibit proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS, 1D and 2D hydraulic modeling software, and topographic surveying;
- Effectively mentor junior staff members;
- Travel to remote field sites;
- Utilize a developed network to attract and land new clients and projects in new service areas.