Seasonal Wetland Field Technician
Confluence Consulting is an industry leader in the study, design and management of aquatic and natural resources. Since 1997, we have provided services to engineers, architects, planners, government agencies and private landowners nationwide. Our multidisciplinary team of natural resource professionals develops streamlined solutions for any aquatic resource problem. Currently, we are interviewing for a Seasonal Wetland Field Technician to join our team. This is a seasonal position, extending from June through August, with the possibility that it will extend to late November (depending on workloads).
As a Seasonal Wetland Field Technician, you will assist with conducting excavation and characterization of soil pits, vegetation transects, photo point documentation, wildlife observations, stream sampling, data collection, data entry, and environmental permitting. You will assist with field investigations throughout the state and region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Operating motor vehicles and driving to sites throughout the state.
- Spending multiple days in the field away from the home office in Bozeman, MT.
- Work in remote locations with use of an InReach emergency satellite messenger.
- Use of resource-grade GPS units.
- Assist with wetland delineations.
- Stream cross-sections and longitudinal profiles.
- Assist with vegetation habitat mapping and noxious weed mapping.
- Complete photo points, manage and collate photos, and complete photo logs.
- Input data into a Microsoft Access database.
- Conduct basic GIS spatial analyses and mapping.
- Contribute to reports and technical memorandums.
- Perform tasks assigned by the scientists and project managers.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Experience or willingness to learn ArcGIS Pro software.
Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the Intermountain West and the U.S. and to work under challenging field conditions for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions; and
- Very strong work ethic and an “anything it takes” attitude.
Minimum education requirements: 2 years toward a degree in a natural resources discipline.
Confluence maintains a fun and positive work environment in scenic Bozeman, MT.
The hourly pay rate is $22/hr.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please submit your resume and cover letter to Rmceldowney@confluenceinc.com.